Hoopsapp.co is a sports management application which makes it easy to create, manage, find and share sporting events, improve the quality of games and classes and sort event finances.
Card payments are taken using Stripe. For details about the security of your card payments, privacy and terms please visit https://stripe.com
“Hoops” is Hoops Connect Limited registered in England & Wales (company number 10279152) whose registered office is at Courtleigh House, 74-75 Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2PN.
“Hoopsapp” is the app / digital platform for iOS and Android mobile operating systems produced by Hoops Connect Limited.
“Hoopsapp.co” is the official website of the app / digital platform for mobile operating systems produced by Hoops Connect Limited and is published at http://hoopsapp.co
Personal Information Collection
Hoopsapp.co may collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide for the purpose of registering, including; information such as your name, e-mail address, your mobile phone number, your team name, the sport of the team, your town, and your general age profile.
- Information about teams you establish
- Information about events notified over Hoopsapp and/or this website.
- Information about your use of Hoopsapp and/or this website.
- Information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to any Hoops services and
- Any other information that you send to Hoops.
In order to provide you with our services we must process personal data and in doing so we act as a data controller.
Your privacy and the security of the data that you share with us is extremely important to us. We therefore wish to be as transparent as possible with you about how we store and use your data, when and why we use it and how we comply with Data Protection laws when we do so – including the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) in force from 25 May 2018. We also want it you to be clear on the rights you have regarding the data we hold on you and how you may take any action you wish to do so about your data.
We have set out our Privacy Notice in a layered and easy to understand way so that you can find the information you need as easily as possible.
If you wish to raise any concerns about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please write to us at Grampian House, 144 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3EE. You also have the right to raise these with Information Commissioner’s Office if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
The Legal Bases for Processing Your Data
In order to process your data we are required by the GDPR to have a legal basis for doing so.
There are a number of different legal bases for processing data and these will change as you progress through different stages of our service.
The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are as follows:
- Legitimate interest
- The Company will collect your personal data in order to provide our services to you.
- We process personal data in order to be able to provide, improve and tailor these services
- When you sign up to our service you provide us with certain consents which you can manage at any time through our apps or by contacting email@example.com
How we collect and use personal data
We can only gather the personal information that you supply to us when you register on our software applications.
The information you provide us with includes:
Address / Location
Date of Birth
We may also gather other information that you provide us such as your personal preferences and interests that you may record in our software applications. This information is gathered and processed so that we may tailor our service to you.
Your information is stored securely on our database which is stored in Firebase, a solution provided by Google, and Algolia Search.
If you make any payments for our subscriptions or other services then you may also provide us with your bank details. Payments are processed through Stripe Payments and your information will be provided to them in order to facilitate the transaction. They may securely store your details including your bank details and card details.
We send information to you regarding our services at any time, you may unsubscribe from our communications at any time through the link on the e-mail or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on a public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
Where you have consented to the Company processing your personal data and sensitive personal data you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting email@example.com
CHILDREN AND HOOPS
Children under the age of 13 should not use any product or service of Hoops without the consent of their parents/guardians and must not attempt to register and/or submit any personal information to Hoops. Hoops does not knowingly collect personal information from any person who is under the age of 13. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of 13, we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Courtleigh House, 74-75 Lemon Street, Truro, Cornwall TR1 2PN and we will delete any such information. We recommend that children between the ages of 13 and 17 should ask their parents or legal guardians for permission before registering or using any product or service of Hoops including Hoopsapp.
We understand that many juvenile team organisers may wish to use Hoopsapp to manage their teams. Team Managers/Organisers should ensure that team member contact details for juvenile teams are in line with the child protection guidelines laid down by the governing body for their sport in their national jurisdiction (in most cases that means that only parent/guardian contact details should be used for conveying information to juveniles).
SECURING YOUR DATA
Hoops will take reasonable technical and organisational steps to secure your personal information and to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure. We use encryption in the storage of your passwords, and we use firewalls to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your personal information. However, no system can be guaranteed as 100% secure. Users are responsible for how they maintain and disclose their personal information and should never send personal information through insecure communications. Users should never disclose their user name, login or password details to third parties.
COOKIES AND DEVICE IDENTIFICATION
EU Cookie Directive – Web Legislation Notification
The EU cookie directive notice appears on Hoopsapp.co to inform EU citizens that Hoopsapp.co stores cookies on your computer. We operate an implied consent approach, whereby we inform users that we are using cookies and if they continue to use Hoopsapp.co, they are giving their consent for us to store cookies on their machine. If they do not wish to have cookies stored on their machine, we ask that they no longer use Hoopsapp.co as cookies are an important part of delivering a great browsing experience for our users.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are placed on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
How are cookies used by Hoopsapp.co?
Cookies perform important and useful functions, such as:
- they make it possible to provide personalised pages for visitors;
- they help advertisers avoid repeatedly serving the same ads to the same visitor;
- they help website owners determine which sections of their sites are more appealing;
What is device identification?
Device Identification is a technology that identifies devices by collecting information from the browser on the device, such as the browser version, operating system, IP address, installed fonts, time zone etc. These pieces of information are used to uniquely identify a device. This process does not use any personal information. The device ID generated through the device identification process may be stored in a cookie.
What are the different types of cookies?
First-party cookies are those set by Hoopsapp.co to improve your user experience. They enable us to log you in automatically if you have set your login status to ‘remember me’. They also enable us to provide you with personalised information and ensure that we only show you information that is relevant to members in your country.
Examples of first-party cookies on Hoopsapp.co are:
- user_credentials, used to bypass login, if you have selected to do so
- _Hoops_session, stores important information that enables us to provide a personalised browsing experience, ensuring you only see Hoopsapp.co content relevant to your user account.
Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website this would be a third-party cookie.
Examples of third-party cookies on Hoopsapp.co are:
- __qca – set by quantcast, this enables us to ensure we are serving relevant ads to members.
- __gads – set by Google, also ensures that the correct ads are shown to members.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz set by Google Analytics, Hoopsapp.co uses Google Analytics to learn important information about where our site traffic comes from. This includes information like a site visitor’s location, the type of browser being used, the type of device someone is using to access Hoopsapp.co, whether or not someone is a new visitor.
PLEASE NOTE: None of our third party cookies disclose any personal information about a user. The statistics are collected anonymously.
How to delete and block our cookies?
Can I withdraw my consent?
If you do not wish to have cookies stored on your machine, you will need to delete your cookies using your internet browser settings.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
You agree to such cross-border transfers of personal information and the data protection laws of the country in which the data may be stored.
JURISDICTION & LIABILITY
These Terms are governed by the law of England & Wales and are subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
Hoopsapp is a digital platform for iOS and Android mobile operating systems and Hoops cannot accept any responsibility for the events and / or the participants in these events or anything arising from or in connection with the events and / or the participants whatsoever. Users of Hoopsapp use the digital platform entirely at their own risk and Hoops does not accept any liability arising from or in connection with the use of Hoopsapp. This disclaimer shall cover any and all liability except for that liability which cannot be disclaimed from under the law of England & Wales.
UPDATING THIS STATEMENT
- By email – email@example.com
- By post – Grampian House, 144 Deansgate, Manchester M3 3EE